Low Cost Water Filter for Tanks: “ready to install” kit
Economical LOW COST tank water filtration: complete DIY kit!
All orders shipped freight free – anywhere in Australia.
Low Cost Water Filter, a complete, DIY filtration system for tank water: 5 micron sediment & 5 micron carbon filters, 2 x 10″ x 4.5″ housings with mounting brackets and stainless screws, housing spanner, 3 x nipple joiners with thread tape and 2 x 1″ water gate valves.
The Low Cost Water Filter is a “ready to install” complete water filter package with 5 micron Sediment & Carbon filter cartridges, mount bracket with stainless screws, 3 x 1″ joiner nipples with 1″ water valves, plus thread tape.
Our Low Cost Water Filter removes Sediment and particulates from your source water down to 5 microns.
The Carbon cartridge removes chemicals ( including chlorine & chlorine by products),water odour and bad taste.
Can be used on rain water, dam, river & bore water for all non microbial water filtration requirements.
This high performance, complete water filter kit removes dirt, sediment, rust, algae,chemicals, water odours & poor taste from rural water.
- low cost water filter
- 5 micron sediment first filter, 5 micron activated carbon second filter
- Rated up to 90 litres/ minimum ( 1″ ports )
- 10″ x 4.5″ UV stabilised Big Blue water filter housings
- Complete “ready to install” kit with mounting bracket, screws, joiners, housing wrench, 1″ inlet & outlet water gate valves and both Sediment & Carbon filter cartridges
- Turnoff water supply from pump.
- Select best position to mount Low Cost Tank Water Filter (after pump & before or at house) – under cover & out of the weather.
- Note arrow direction of “water IN/OUT “ ports on top of housing before mounting Low Cost Water Filter
- Connect black joiners to IN/OUT ports & between housings in correct sequence ( use thread tape)
- Cut waterline & connect to IN port of LCWF via 1” water valve
- Connect other end of water line to water valve at OUT port of second ( Carbon) housing
- Remove packaging wrap from filter cartridge inside housings, and carefully use housing spanner to tighten housings back into position. ( Normal set up is SEDIMENT filter first, followed by CARBON filter)
- Open house/garden tap (to flush line), turn on pump water supply, and gently open IN water valve.
- Carefully depress Red Pressure buttons on top of housings to bleed air until water replaces air.
- Run house tap for a 5 minutes to flush cartridges, and check for any water leaks.
- Enjoy good water!
Replacement Cartridges for the Low Cost Water Filter are available for purchase here at https://saferwater.com.au/shop/replacement-water-filters/