This new LOW COST Kitchen Filter turns your kitchen tap into a water purifier!
You can now be confident of safe drinking & cooking water.
Economical Low Cost Kitchen Filter is a twin inline system that delivers chemical & microbe free water for reduced allergies, and fewer stomach upsets.
The first filter (pre filter), is a 1 micron Carbon which removes water treatment chemicals (including chlorine & it’s by products), odours & bad taste, plus dirt & sediment.
The second UF cartridge (Ultra Filtration Filter), operates down to 0.1 micron, blocking all Giardia & Crypto, & removing Bacteria such as E. coli & Salmonella.
Use the Low Cost Kitchen Filter for germ free tap water.
Ultra Fine Hollow Fibre technology ensures the Low Cost Kitchen Filter delivers safe 0.1 micron filtered water, free from microbes.
The 1 micron Carbon cartridge produces sweet tasting water, free from chlorine taints and off flavours. Also acts as a Sediment Pre Filter for the UF cartridge, removing dirt, rust, sediment, algae & sand down to 1 micron, thereby extending the 0.1 micron UF cartridge life.
Low Cost Kitchen Filter Features:
- Premium coconut Carbon Pre filter, 1 micron
- Quality Hollow Fibre Ultra Fine Filtration to 0.1 microns
- Removes water pathogens, Giardia & Crytosporidium, plus Bacteria
- Removes water treatment chemicals ( Chlorine, Chloramines, & Trihalomethanes)
- Both cartridges are Inline filters : no extra housing required
- “Outside/In” Hollow Fibre filtration to maximize life of UF 0.1 micron cartridge
- Water flow rates of around 5 litres/min
- Supplied as Complete Kit: 1 x 1 micron Carbon inline pre filter cartridge, 1 x 0.1 micron UF inline cartridge, 2 x quick connect joiners & tubing, 2 x inline cartridge clamps, 2 x cartridge mounts, 1 x Water Stop Valve, 1 x 450mm x 1/2″ Water Flex Hose, 2 x 1/2″x 1/4″ connectors & thread tape
Filter replacement: 6-12 months.
Like all filters, Low Cost Kitchen Filter life is dependent on water quality (& quantity), used.
A sediment/carbon pre filter is always recommended to maximise the Ultra Filtration ( 0.1 micron) cartridge life, to avoid premature blockage.
Low Cost Kitchen Filter Benefits:
- Lowest Cost kitchen water purifier
- Great tasting drinking water
- No water treatment chemical smells or taste
- Excellent water filtration removing even the finest particles down to 0.1 micron
- Eliminates the need for costly Ultra Violet light systems
- No water waste like Reverse Osmosis
- Suits existing mixer tap
- Easy to install under existing bench
- Inexpensive cartridge replacement
- Simple filter cartridge change out with Water Stop Valve supplied in kit
- Provides germ free, sweet tasting water
Low Cost Kitchen Filter Installation
- Check you have standard flexible water hosing with 1/2″ connectors supplying your kitchen tap.
- Turn off water supply, run thread tape to all fittings ( 3-4 rounds)
- Disconnect existing water cold connector hose at water entry point under sink
- Screw Water Stop Valve to exposed 1/2″ male fitting at entry point
- Connect one end of 450mm flex hose to 1/2″ male fitting of Water Stop Valve, and other end to 1/2″x 1/4″ fitting on IN port of Carbon cartridge
- Connect 1/2″ x 1/4″ joiner on OUT port of UF cartridge to existing flex hose running to tap
- Select best mounting point for twin inline cartridges, & screw in 2 mount brackets to suit UF cartridge. (Adjust cartridge orientation as necessary)
- Now disconnect the short water line from the quick connect fitting at the IN port of the UF filter. Place the open end into a bucket to permit seperate flushing of the new Carbon Inline filter. ( Carbon filters tend to shed some carbon fines on start up, & it is recommended to discharge this to a waste bucket, rather than load up the 0.1 micron UF filter).
- Turn on the water & stop valve to flush the Carbon cartridge with about 10 litres of water, or until clear.
- Reconnect the short water line to the UF cartridge, and then flush both cartridges, checking for any water leaks
- Enjoy Sweet Tasting, Bacteria Free Water!
Replacement Cartridges for Low Cost Kitchen Filter: