Floating Water Intake video
The TANKSTER Floating Water Intake improves water quality for all rural households by drawing water from above the tank bottom sediment.
It is a great idea for best tank water at affordable cost!
WHY USE A FLOATING WATER INTAKE?- Rain washes your roof clean of dirt and into your house water tank. This dirt may contain poop from birds, bats, rodents and small animals, together with dead insects and leaf matter. It settles onto the bottom of your water tank. This tank sediment acts as a food for microbes which multiply and remove oxygen from the water. The pump outlet supplying tank water to your house is located near this sediment and bug rich, low oxygen zone. This means:
**We normally drink the poorest quality water from the BOTTOM of the house water tank!!**
TANKSTER Floating Water Intake is a flexible water hose with a float at one end, and a connection to the tank outlet at the other end. The TANKSTER acts as a floating water intake for your tank’s pump, taking it above the bottom sediment. The Tankster picks up the cleanest and freshest water from the just below the water surface- where the best quality water is located. It works 24/7 : whatever the tank water depth!
- The best tasting, freshest water is supplied to your house
- Cleaner, sweeter drinking water, with less bugs
- Floating water intake delivers the best quality water whatever the tank depth
- No loss of water pressure
- Automatic operation
- Less wear on your pump because the floating water intake picks up the cleanest water
- Reduced blocking of washing machine & dishwasher filters, and irrigation nozzles
- Longer life of household drinking water filters
- Economical way improve tank water quality for all rural households
- TANKSTER Floating Water Intake can be fitted to any tank outlet, and comes with an easily adapted 1 ½” (40mm) hose end fitting
- Safe construction: 2.5m of food grade suction hose, non toxic fittings and stainless steel connectors
- 10 year guarantee
- Designed & manufactured in Australia
- Water Tank must be empty, ( or near empty) for good access to outlet pipe fitting inside tank
- 2 people for safety
- Torch, ladder, and maybe a pipe wrench to screw in TANKSTER hose end coupling
- Final step is to expel air from Tankster hose by submerging it, starting at the bottom. (Air is gone when TANKSTER is fully submerged, except for the float).
- Check the float chain is not wrapped around hose, & then fill the water tank
- Enjoy the best tank water!